* Galleria: The Mall That Time Forgot is now available for order online or pick it up at Spacing Store, TOWN, Art Metropole, Type Books (Junction/Queen St. West locations), or Flying Books on Queen St. Only 500 books were printed. As of Jan 12, just 4 copies remain in the distribution centre. Detailed info on the book and where to purchase it is online here.
* Holiday craft & gift fairs:
Dec 8: Junction Triangle Craft & Gift Show, Perth Public School (14 Ruskin Ave.), 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Dec 22: Tranzac Holiday Gift Fair, Tranzac (Brunswick south of Bloor), 12 to 6 p.m.
* Anything for sale is available in this online shop
* A photo essay about the Galleria project is online, in Toronto Life
* The book launch for the Galleria Mall book was on November 27th, from 7 to 10 p.m. at Open House Bar (1051 Bloor St., east of Dufferin. Books, booze, and raffle. Raffle prizes include items and gift certificates from Three Speed, the Burdock, Dead Dog Records, Queen’s Shop Hair Salon, Sweet Pete’s, Anatomica, the Greater Good, Dupe Shop, TOWN, the Spacing Store, the Nuthouse, Type Books, and maybe more. The Facebook event is here. Thanks for coming!
* The Kickstarter campaign for my book on Galleria Mall was a success!
* You can read more about the project on the Spacing blog.
* Additional Galleria info is in this BlogTO article. I made a modified headline for that piece.
* A top 5 list of things I’m into right now is on the Akimbo website.
* More Galleria book coverage is in NOW Magazine
* CityTV did a mall-related news story
* Something about the project is on the Invisible Publishing blog
* I shared photos from the Galleria Mall project and gave a talk at Open Show Toronto #30. November 15th at the Burdock (1184 Bloor St W), 6 to 8 p.m.
* New illustrations are on sidewalk banners in Toronto's Bloordale neighbourhood. There are ten banners featuring two pictures on Bloor St W between Dufferin and St. Clarens Avenue. Here are some examples:
* I created a photocollage that surrounds a construction site in the Yonge and Eglinton area at Soudan between Dunfield and Lillian Street. It's here on this map. This project is featured in the BlogTO article about art on construction sites. More info is on the PATCH website and on this page on my website.
* One of my short short short stories has been published in an anthology entitled Tea-Length Prose: An Untethered Collection, published by Applebeard Editions.
* It's nice weather for going on a non-violent hunt for the white squirrel in Trinity Bellwoods Park. You're invited to come along. Info is HERE. Back up and running in mid-July, but you can grab a White Squirrels of Toronto Map online or at Lucky Penny (189 Shaw St) or Fresh Fields (1545 Dundas St W).